What Information AAC Collects
The type of Information AAC collects from you includes:
- Billing and delivery address.
- Email address.
- Telephone (or mobile) number.
- Type of business/industry.
- Purchase information.
- Product usage information.
- Website analytics.
AAC collects this information when you:
- Make a purchase or request information about products and services from our website.
- Create an AAC website account.
- Connect with us via our customer service sales centre or on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest Twitter, YouTube).
- Sign up for AAC’s newsletter.
- Enter a contest or promotional giveaway or respond to one of AAC’s surveys.
- Provide AAC with comments, suggestions or other feedback.
- Interact with our website through a computer, tablet or mobile device.
How & Why AAC Collects Information
AAC may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customise your website experience and make targeted marketing messages more relevant. It also allows AAC to provide features such as storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. This includes AAC’s content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, AAC also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you shop our website, performance of marketing activities and the response to those marketing efforts.
User Experience Information
In order to improve your online shopping experience, help with fraud identification and to assist our customer care sales representatives in resolving issues that may be experienced during the process of completing an online transaction, AAC may use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process) and browser information.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room or social media platform) can be read, collected or used by AAC and other participants and could be used to personalise a client and/or customer’s experience. Clients and/or customers are responsible for the information they choose to submit in these instances.
How AAC Use Information We Collect
Product and Service Fulfilment
- Fulfil and manage purchases, orders, requests for information or to otherwise serve clients and/or customers.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer promotional giveaways and contests.
- Deliver newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails and other promotional messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Improve the effectiveness of AAC’s website and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis including surveys.
- Perform other business activities as needed or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect clients and/or customers and AAC’s business.
- To assist with compliance with those applicable laws which govern the business operations of AAC and respond to any legal enquires.
How AAC Protects Information We Collect
AAC maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted from you. To guard this information, AAC’s website uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) where we collect personal and sensitive information. AAC does not collect or retain any financial information such as credit card or bank account details. AAC updates and tests its security technology on an ongoing basis. Furthermore, AAC trains its employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of client and/or customer information. Access to such personal information is restricted to employees who need it to provide products and/or services to clients and/or customers.
Please note that e-mail may not be encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting any financial information. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from AAC asking for any financial or account information, do not respond. Though we may ask questions in regards to custom orders, such as designs, layouts and finishes, AAC will never request a password, credit card information or other financial details via e-mail.
AAC also ask you to carefully review your online shop account and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and your issuing bank or credit card company should it be necessary. AAC also ask you to take measures to help protect information in your online account, including:
- The installation the latest security updates and anti-virus software on computers to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords or passphrases.
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share passwords with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that sessions are closed and cannot be accessed by other users on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
How AAC Share Information We Collect
AAC does not pass on, rent, sell or share any client and/or customer information to third parties except, under limited circumstances as outlined below, when we may share information with third parties as a requirement of conducting our business.
AAC may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as e-mail marketing, logistics and data enhancement providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorised to use the information we share for any other purpose.
AAC may disclose information provided to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, including to meet government security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce or apply applicable Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or, to protect the rights, property or safety of AAC, you or others.
When You Direct Us
At your direction or request, we may share your information.
If some or all of AAC’s business or its assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our clients and customers. We also may retain a copy of that information.
International Data Transfers
To the extent that AAC are deemed to transfer personal information cross-border, we rely on the following legal bases to transfer your information in accordance with legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders:
- Consent (where you have given consent).
- Contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you – for example, to process an online payment or deliver a purchased product).
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from AAC, email your request here. You also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the opt-out link included in each e-mail. It may take up to 10 business days before you stop receiving promotional e-mails.
Important Notices & Transactional E-mail:
From time to time, AAC may send non-commercial electronic email messages with important information containing, but not limited to, estimates, sales orders, artwork approval forms and tax invoices to your email address. AAC regularly send email order confirmations, email order updates and “leave a review” after you have submitted an order and completed a purchase.
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalised services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of AAC’s website features.
AAC participate in digital display advertising, search engine marketing & optimisation (SEM & SEO), social media, pay per click and the use of browser cookies across the various devices you use to deliver tailored promotions.
If you do not wish to receive promotional communication from AAC, you can either email (click here) or call us at 1300 797 478 (within Australia) or +61 75665 9333 (International) to opt out. This opt out does not apply to operational communication, for example, confirmation of a purchase.
How To Access & Update Information
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update your information in the following ways:
- If you have created an online shop account with AAC, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing and shipping information.
- Contact AAC directly with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. AAC will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect. Please note, to protect your privacy and the privacy of others, AAC will require evidence of your identity before granting you access to information about you or to change it.
- Depending on your location, you may also have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information such as (i) the right to obtain a copy of your personal information provided to us; (ii) the ability to change or correct your personal information through your account settings; (iii) the right to have AAC delete or limit its use of your personal information, except information we are required to retain, by contacting us.
How AAC Deal With Complaints
You can make a complaint about AAC’s handling of your personal information. You can contact AAC by email (click here) or send your request or complaint to the postal address below. We undertake to respond within 30 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
AAC Event Specialists
8 Millennium Circuit
Helensvale QLD 4212
AAC and its website are bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles.